- True gentleman – highly regarded in the community
- Very dedicated and focused. Is a very strong athlete across many sports – but has maintained excellence in sprints
- Comes from strong family background – morally strong people
- Thrives under pressure, in team environment
- Above average student
- Graduated high school December 2014
- Due to sit SAT October and November 2014
- Anticipated to have a high GPA
- Subjects completed are listed in Resume
- ALL State 100 Metre Sprint Champion 2013
- Technically very sound
- Coached by former Coach of Olympian Mitch Watt
- Please see attached Resume for Jonty’s best times in both 100m and 200m
- Video of winning ALL State Title available on request
- Link to official statistics
Words from Jonty
Until November 2014 I was a High School Student and participated in a number of sports across different seasons, so my training for Track and Field was limited throughout the year. These sports are detailed in my CV. Since December 2014 I have been able to train specifically for sprints and this has seen my average times drop considerably.
100m: In 2014 my PB in the 100m was 10.97 with my average time around 11.25s but since dedicating all training to sprinting in 2015 I have achieved a 10.84s at the start of our competition season (Sep 2015) and have reduced my average to around 11.0s. The 11.23s I ran at the Australian University Games in Sep 2015 was into an estimated 3m headwind. The 10.84s I ran in Sep means I have run the qualifying time (10.87s) already for the Australian Open National Championships (Australian Olympic Qualification meet) to be held in April 2016 and the qualifying time for the Australian Junior Athletics Championships (11.04s) to be held in March 2016.
200m: In 2014 I did not compete frequently in the 200m due to a niggling hamstring problem, but with different training in 2015 this has settled and my times are improving. The 22.17s I ran at the Queensland Athletics Spring Carnival is 0.03 outside the qualifying time for the Australian Junior Athletics Championships.
From January I will be competing regularly in competitions and will be looking to qualify for both the Australian Open National Championships and Australian Junior Athletics Championships in the 200m, which have qualifying times of 21.54s and 22.14s respectively
(Includes Head to Head results against other top Juniors in Australia; Academic results in High School.)
100m PB video: Lane 8 – In bright blue singlet 2nd Place (10.84)
200m PB video: Lane 7 – In bright blue singlet 4th place (22.17)
If you feel that Jonty could be a good fit, please contact Chris Bates